Here are ways men can support women in construction:
- Advocate for issues such as:
- Increased hiring, training, and leadership opportunities for women.
- Equal pay in all areas of construction.
- Better fitting PPE.
- Treat women in construction as colleagues worthy of respect.
- Share your experience and knowledge of women in construction freely.
- Be open to a fresh perspective on problem solving.
- Don’t tolerate inappropriate behavior. Speak up when you see anyone attempting to devalue, sexually harass, bully, or intimidate women in your organization.